Hilton Stockholm Slussen is looking for chefs to join our kitchen team. You will be part of an international organization with the possibility of an international career.
Hilton is one of the world's largest hotel companies with over 6000 hotels in more than 100 countries. Hilton Stockholm Slussen is a full service hotel located with a view over the old town. In addition to the 289 guest rooms and large meeting facilities, we operate two F&B outlets and our auditorium as an event location.
As a Chef at Hilton Stockholm Slussen you will work with both Swedish classical dishes and a variety of international food cultures for our restaurant and conference guests. If you enjoy working together with a dynamic group of people to deliver great experiences for our guests from around the world you will be perfect for the role.
To thrive with us we see that you enjoy and want to:
· Be creative with a genuine passion for food
· Enjoy and be able to produce a la carte as well as some buffet service to the highest standards
· Have an interest and preferably some knowledge of menu creation
· Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers in a creative and safe way.
· Understanding and follow all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation (HACCP).
· Able to work well in a team as well as on your own
· Ensure effective communication within the team as well as with colleagues from other departments by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
Qualifications – What are we looking for:
Culinary school/Hotel & Restaurant education with focus kitchen or similar documented education/training in a kitchen.
Beneficial with a minimum 2+ years work experience as a chef cooking a la carte dishes. Preferably within hotel and/or larger restaurant.
Don’t hesitate to apply! We are also open to take on more junior positions. Are you at the start of your culinary career and have a passion for food? Do you want to develop within the kitchen? We want to hear from you.
Able to communicate in both Swedish and English.
You enjoy a flexible working schedule including a mix of evenings and daytime as well as weekends.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.
Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day.
Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Thrive at Hilton is our Team Member Value Proposition. It supports the well-being and performance of our Team Members with industry-leading benefits, recognition and support to meet your professional needs
As a Hilton team member you will enjoy access to GO Hilton, team member travel program with discounted rates at hotels all over our beautiful world.
Other team member benefits offered at Hilton and Hilton Stockholm Slussen includes:
· Hilton University courses including development programs such as Harvard for your development.
· Access to ComPsych Employee Assistance Program with free local counselling for mental wellness, family and other personal problem as well as support with financial advice
· Local health insurance via HRF collective agreement
· Local pension benefits via HRF collective agreement
· Free access to the local gym
· Parental Pay